Living the Artist's Life: An Evening with Paul Dorrell
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
2101 Winter Street Studios, Studio #B11
Houston TX, 77007
A renowned gallery owner, art consultant and career coach for artists, Paul will discuss his book, Living the Artist's Life: Updated & Revised, and conduct an abbreviated version of his career workshop, accompanied by a handout.
Some of the topics covered:
- The current recession, how Paul’s gallery survived it, and what he learned from it.
- How political and corporate greed helped create the recession, & how that affects artists.
- How to structure a successful career, regardless of one’s goals.
- How to cope with the emotional challenges that result from years of working in obscurity.
- How to approach galleries, write contracts, work with private collectors and corporations.
- How to successfully utilize the Internet, the Social Network, and related issues.
- Getting one’s work in major collections, whether museums or others.
There will be ample time for artists to ask questions. A book-signing follows the presentation.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR and BOOK: Dorrell
opened his gallery in 1991, and has been advancing artists' careers on a national level ever since. With clients such as Warner Brothers, the Mayo Clinic and H&R Block, Dorrell
knows how to land the big deals, yet also how to win the trust of artists. With wisdom, sage advice, and humor, he keeps you engaged through each chapter. Whether instructing on how to get your work into a gallery, win commissions, or handle self-doubt, Dorrell
knows his ground. To learn more about Paul, please visit Livingtheartistslife.com
and Leopold Gallery.